Please take time before our initial consultation to prepare answers to the following questions about your potential San Diego home purchase. This will help us both get on the same page more quickly and help me better understand what it will take to truly help you find your perfect home. Email your responses to me as soon as you can, so I can prepare for our appointment based on your responses.
1. What questions or concerns do you have that I can answer?
2. How do you like to be contacted (phone, email, or text)?
3. What are the features/location you MUST HAVE in your next home (what part of town, beds, bath, sq. ft., lot size, garage, fixer, move-in ready, architecture, HOA, gated, etc.)?
4. What are the features you’d LIKE TO HAVE, but can live without?
5. Describe your ideal home.
6. What could your last real estate agent have done better?
7. What did your last real estate agent do that you liked/appreciated?
8. What do you think a real estate agent’s job is, and what do you want from me as your representative?
9. What is important about finding a home at this time?
10. When would you like to be in your next home?
11. Who else is involved in your ultimate decision (spouse, parents, relatives, friends, etc.)?
12. How do you plan to finance the purchase (Cash or loan. If loan, have you applied for financing yet?... Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA, etc.)?
13. If financing the purchase with a loan, how much do you have set aside for your down payment and closing costs?
14. If financing the purchase with a loan, what is your ideal monthly payment?
15. What is your ideal price range?
16. Do you have a home to sell first?
Justin Gramm is the founder and principal broker of Globella Buyers Realty, your San Diego Exclusive Buyer Brokerage. He also writes this blog, "For San Diego Home Buyers."
Exclusive Buyer Agents do not list homes for sale and never represent sellers. They have no "inventory" to try to sell you. They can represent you in purchasing any home. They are specialists at representing buyers only on the buyers' side of the transaction. Exclusive Buyer Agents work to get buyers the best price and terms when they buy a home.
More about Justin Gramm on Google+.