Globella Buyers Realty > About > What Is an Exclusive Buyer's Agent?
What Is an Exclusive Buyer Agent AND Why Should I Work With One?
Buying a home can be stressful and complicated, and most homebuyers rely on their buyer's agent to walk them through the home-buying process.
One of the KEY first steps in a successful home-buying experience is finding an agent you can trust.
And one of the simplest ways to be confident that your agent is putting YOUR best interests FIRST is to hire an exclusive buyer’s agent.
What is a San Diego Exclusive Buyer’s Agent?
- Exclusive Buyer Agents never represent sellers or take listings (and neither does the company that they work for).
- An Exclusive Buyer’s Agent is a licensed real estate professional who specializes in representing you (the buyer).
- Exclusive Buyer Agents are obligated to disclose any information that impacts the buyer’s best interests, even if that information is detrimental to the seller or the sale (this is known as "fiduciary duty"). A seller’s agent, on the other hand, owes a fiduciary duty to the seller.
- An Exclusive Buyer Agent works for a company that only works with buyers, 100% of the time. They have no inventory to sell you, but they can help you buy any home on the market.
- As a result, Exclusive Buyer’s Agents have a unique fiduciary relationship with their clients that traditional buyer’s agents do not have.
What does this mean for you as a San Diego homebuyer?
Here are four ways an Exclusive Buyer's Agent can help a homebuyer like you:
1. Your exclusive buyer’s agent can help you determine a fair price to offer for a property;
2. They can share unbiased insights about the home, neighborhood, or market that could provide you an advantage during negotiations;
3. They can negotiate exclusively on your behalf to get you the BEST price and terms;
4. They can protect you with contractual terms and contingencies that put your best interests first, etc.
In addition, many Exclusive Buyer’s Agents choose to become members of the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents (NAEBA), which holds them to high standards of professional conduct, ethics, and principals.
Some (like Globella's broker, Justin Gramm) become exclusive buyer brokers, which provides a higher level of industry education and licensing.
The Biggest Difference Between a Traditional REALTOR® and an Exclusive Buyer's Agent
An exclusive buyer’s agent isn't here to SELL you a home...
They're here to HELP YOU find a home you love within your budget...
And to HELP YOU buy with your "eyes wide open", so you're still happy with your home years later.
Ready to start the process? Request your free Buyer Strategy Session today!