Globella Buyers Realty > About > What Is an Exclusive Buyer's Agent?
What Is an Exclusive Buyer Agent AND Why Should I Work With One?
Photo Credit: Greg Goebel
Buying a home can be stressful and complicated, and most homebuyers rely on their buyer's agent to walk them through the home-buying process.
One of the KEY first steps in a successful home-buying experience is finding an agent you can trust.
And one of the simplest ways to be confident that your agent is putting YOUR best interests FIRST is to hire an exclusive buyer’s agent.
What is a San Diego Exclusive Buyer’s Agent?
- Exclusive Buyer Agents never represent sellers or take listings (and neither does the company that they work for).
- An Exclusive Buyer’s Agent is a licensed real estate professional who specializes in representing you (the buyer).
- Exclusive Buyer Agents are obligated to disclose any information that impacts the buyer’s best interests, even if that information is detrimental to the seller or the sale (this is known as "fiduciary duty"). A seller’s agent, on the other hand, owes a fiduciary duty to the seller.
- An Exclusive Buyer Agent works for a company that only works with buyers, 100% of the time. They have no inventory to sell you, but they can help you buy any home on the market.
- As a result, Exclusive Buyer’s Agents have a unique fiduciary relationship with their clients that traditional buyer’s agents do not have.
How Can an Exclusive Buyer Agent Help a San Diego Home Buyer Like You?
So what does this mean for you as a buyer?
- Your exclusive buyer’s agent can help you determine a fair price to offer for a property;
- He can share unbiased insights about the home, neighborhood, or market that could provide you an advantage during negotiations;
- He can negotiate exclusively on your behalf to get you the BEST price and terms;
- He can protect you with contractual contingencies that put your best interests first, etc.
In addition, many Exclusive Buyer’s Agents choose to become members of the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents (NAEBA), which holds them to high standards of professional conduct, ethics, and principals.
Some (like Globella's broker, Justin Gramm) become exclusive buyer brokers, which provides a higher level of industry education and licensing.
What's the Biggest Difference Between a Traditional REALTOR® and an Exclusive Buyer's Agent?
In short, an exclusive buyer’s agency like Globella Buyers Realty isn't here to SELL you a home...
...We’re here to HELP YOU find your perfect home
... And to HELP YOU buy with "your eyes wide open" (so you're still happy with your purchase years later).
Ready to start the process? Schedule your free Buyer Strategy Session today!
About Justin Gramm
Justin Gramm is the founder and principal broker of Globella Buyers Realty, your San Diego Exclusive Buyer Brokerage.
If you have excellent credit and plan to buy a home or condo in San Diego County within 90 days, contact Justin Gramm to hire an agent on your side of the transaction. More about Justin Gramm on Google+. Call Justin at (858) 437-2662 or E-mail.