Looking for your San Diego dream home? Here’s a question you might not have considered:
What kind of lifestyle do you want to live?
So many people begin their home search by hopping online and looking for homes for sale that meet their budget or design criteria.
But the roles of lifestyle and neighborhood in finding your perfect home should never be discounted!
It’s important to consider the things you like to do and the lifestyle that’s important to you when thinking about your “dream house.”
How the Lifestyle You Want to Live Affects Your San Diego Home Search
If you love to hike and be in nature, then you’re probably not going to be completely happy with a home in the center of the city (even if it fits your budget and has your dream kitchen).
And if you truly thrive on the energy of a downtown city, then the quiet of a North County suburb will probably not do it for you in the long run (even if it does come with that garage you’ve always wanted).
Or if you are just NOT finding a home you love that meets your search criteria, is there a lifestyle option available to you that might cause you to be willing to compromise on another search parameter?
Your Location Affects Your Lifestyle
You hear it all the time in real estate... location, location, location.
Finding the perfect location - one that fits your desired lifestyle - is a huge piece of the puzzle when it comes to your San Diego home search.
San Diego has a plethora of wonderful neighborhoods, all with their own unique character and benefits. I strongly recommend doing some research, exploring as much as you can, and narrowing down what matters to you in a life - NOT just in a house.
6 Questions to Consider About the Lifestyle You Want to Live in San Diego:
1. Is it important to you to be close to the beach, the airport, or some other local landmark?
2. Do you hate a long commute and need easy freeway access? And are you willing to sacrifice on your lifestyle to have a shorter commute?
3. Do you value a walkable urban environment even if it means having a little less space. Or do you need more space, and quiet, and nature?
4. How much road noise are you OK with? What about pollution?
5. Is finding a family-friendly place to raise your kids your biggest priority (and what makes a neighborhood “family-friendly” in your opinion)?
6. Would having access to a lake, beach, or walking and hiking trails cause you to be willing to compromise on any of your other search criteria?
Thinking about all of these factors, and coming up with a few of your own, will help you and your San Diego buyer’s agent narrow down which neighborhoods will truly make you HAPPY in the long run.
Once you know your ideal locations, searching for your perfect San Diego home will be more efficient - and more FUN!
Exclusive Buyer Agentsdo not list homes for sale and never represent sellers. They have no "inventory" to try to sell you. They can represent you in purchasing any home.
They are specialists at representing buyers only on the buyers' side of the transaction. Exclusive Buyer Agents work to get buyersthe best price and terms when they buy a home.
Buying a Home in San Diego
If you have excellent credit and plan to buy a home or condo in San Diego County within 90 days, contact Justin Gramm to hire an agent on your side of the transaction. More about Justin Gramm on Google+. Call Justin at (858) 437-2662 or E-mail.