3 Tips for Buying a Home in San Diego in 2018
If you’re planning to buy a home in San Diego in 2018, now is the time to start planning (remember my 5 P’s of buying a home: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Purchases!).
Here are a few tips to get you started!
1. Work with people you trust. The professionals you choose to work with can make or break your home-buying experience. It’s crucial to find a buyer’s agent (I recommend using an exclusive buyer’s agent, and here’s why) AND a loan officer who are willing to take the time to discuss the process in-depth with you and figure out a strategy that fits your specific needs, budget, and goals.
Also Read: 16 Questions for Your Buyer Agent Interview
Also Read: 7 Critical Tips for Choosing Your Lender
2. Research your specific market. The San Diego housing market has seen a mix of both buyer’s and seller’s markets over the past couple years, so it’s important for you to understanding the market conditions in the specific area(s) you’re interested in. (To learn more about San Diego’s current real estate market, read "Hot vs Cold: Is San Diego a Buyer's Market or a Seller's Market?")
Knowing whether you’re likely to face low inventory and stiff competition (or the other way around) can help you set realistic expectations for your home-buying process. If you decide to interview me as your exclusive buyer’s agent (which is a good first step), we will schedule a Globella Buyer Strategy Session to meet in person and go into greater detail about the current state of the market in your desired area, as well as your ideal price range and type of home.
3. Not sure if 2018 is the right time for you to buy a home? How would you answer the following three questions?
- Can you afford it (the down payment, closing costs, monthly mortgage payments, etc.)?
- Are there homes on the market that you would love to live in (in your price range)?
- Does making a purchase now fit with your long-term financial goals?
If you answered yes to all three, you’re likely ready to buy a home in 2018. For more information on whether now is a good time for you to buy, read "When is the Right Time to Buy a Home in San Diego?” to help make your decision! Call or email me today to schedule your complimentary Buyer Strategy Sesssion/Interview.
Also Read: The Top 5 Reasons to Stay Renting
Also Read: The Top 5 Reasons to Buy a Home
Justin Gramm is the founder and principal broker of Globella Buyers Realty, your San Diego Exclusive Buyer Brokerage.
Exclusive Buyer Agents do not list homes for sale and never represent sellers. They have no "inventory" to try to sell you. They can represent you in purchasing any home. They are specialists at representing buyers only on the buyers' side of the transaction. Exclusive Buyer Agents work to get buyers the best price and terms when they buy a home.
If you have excellent credit and plan to buy a home or condo in San Diego County within 90 days, contact Justin Gramm to hire an agent on your side of the transaction. More about Justin Gramm on Google+. Call Justin at (858) 437-2662 or E-mail.