When you are in the process of buying a home in San Diego, it is very important to make sure you are buying right! However, so many home buyers let their emotions take over the buying process. That's not to say that emotions aren't important. There is a place for emotions in the home buying process. You want to make sure you love the home you are buying (especially if you are going to live in it for a long time), but there are certain practical measures you can consider to make sure you are 'buying right.'
Buying right means that you are:
1. Buying at or below the fair market value.
2. Buying in a neighborhood with high appreciation.
3. Buying in a stable neighborhood.
4. Buying in a neighborhood with quick turnover time.
5. Buying the least expensive home in the neighborhood.
6. Buying in a neighborhood with good schools and services.
7. Buying in a neighborhood with comparatively low taxes and assessments.
The goal of 'buying right' is to make sure your home is easy to sell when the time comes for you to move. If you are planning to keep your home as an investment for the long haul, many of these concepts still apply, but you might also look at a few other factors to make a smart purchasing decision.
On the other hand, you want to avoid 'buying wrong." If you find that you are doing some or all of the following things, you may be 'buying wrong':
1. Paying over market price.
2. Buying in a neighborhood with low appreciation.
3. Buying in a declining neighborhood.
4. Buying a one-of-a-kind property.
5. Buying the most expensive home in the neighborhood.
6. Buying in an incomplete subdivision.
7. Buying a stigmatized property.
Buying wrong can hurt you in the long run. It may be more difficult to sell your home, and your home may not appreciate in value as much as you want or need it to.
Justin Gramm is the founder and principal broker of Globella Buyers Realty, your San Diego Exclusive Buyer Brokerage. He also writes this blog, "For San Diego Home Buyers."
Exclusive Buyer Agents do not list homes for sale and never represent sellers. They have no "inventory" to try to sell you. They can represent you in purchasing any home. They are specialists at representing buyers only on the buyers' side of the transaction. Exclusive Buyer Agents work to get buyers the best price and terms when they buy a home.
If you have excellent credit and plan to buy a home or condo in San Diego County within 90 days, contact Justin Gramm to hire an agent on your side of the transaction. Call Justin at (858) 437-2662 or E-mail.
More about Justin Gramm on Google+.