Most of my clients lead very busy lives, and one of the reasons they hire an exclusive buyer agent is to save them time on their home search. Because of this, I've invested in technology and tools that I believe add value to my clients and help save them time searching for a home.
1. While we're out looking at homes, you can expect me to have my laptop handy, equipped with a Wireless Internet USB stick that allows us to access the internet wherever we are at (whether in the car, in a home, or at a local coffee shop). This saves so much time, because we are able to look up information on the run (as opposed to going back to an office to get on the computer).
2. Another item that adds so much value and saves so much time is a portable printer. The printer and the laptop go with me everywhere I go with clients. We can literally write up and print out a contract, neighborhood comps, maps, listings, etc. anywhere we like! Without a portable printer, we lose valuable time going back to an office to write up an offer, when we could do it in a more convenient location (such as your current residence, a hotel lobby, a coffee shop or restaurant, or even in one of the homes we're looking at). In the past, when clients had questions, I usually had to say, "Let me find out and get back to you on that." Now, we can literally find answers to so many questions and have printed information in your hands in the matter of a few minutes. I even keep an external battery source with me, so we don't run out of "juice" if we're not near an electrical outlet.
3. Cell phone... I have had a smart phone for years, but I was amazed (seriously amazed) at how many super-beneficial features the new smart phones (such as the Iphone, Droid, etc.) carry. Now my clients benefit from having GPS (so we don't waste time looking for a property), seeing info and pictures of listings right on my phone, and being able to find anything we need (like the nearest Starbucks or Home Depot and anwers to so many general questions) at the push of a button.
4. Another use of technology that saves my clients time is your own personal "home search" website connected directly to the Sandicor MLS showing only homes that match your specific search criteria (number of bedrooms, location, types of listings such as short sales or no short sales, etc., etc.). You have the ability to read all the MLS details, view photos and maps, delete listings you don't like, save listings you are interested in, write and save notes and questions, etc.
5. My most recent pick-up is an iPad2. Read the following post for the benefits of having the iPad while we look at properties.
...ALL OF THIS in the spirit of providing top-quality customer service and buyer representation, and saving you time on your San Diego home purchase! My ultimate goal is that you are so impressed with the level of service you get from Globella Buyers Realty that you tell your friends and family about us. That's how I'm growing this business - one client at a time.
While there are many ways an exclusive buyer agent can save a San Diego home buyer time throughout the home purchase, I have found that being equipped with the right tools and current technology helps in tremendous ways (and I've found that clients really appreciate it!).
Justin Gramm is the founder and principal broker of Globella Buyers Realty, your San Diego Exclusive Buyer Brokerage. He also writes this blog, "For San Diego Home Buyers."
Exclusive Buyer Agents do not list homes for sale and never represent sellers. They have no "inventory" to try to sell you. They can represent you in purchasing any home. They are specialists at representing buyers only on the buyers' side of the transaction. Exclusive Buyer Agents work to get buyers the best price and terms when they buy a home.
If you have excellent credit and plan to buy a home or condo in San Diego County within 90 days, contact Justin Gramm to hire an agent on your side of the transaction. Call Justin at (858) 437-2662 or E-mail.